Tuesday, May 18, 2010

How to organise ... colouring supplies


The question was asked of me yesterday - how do I organise colouring supplies?

The bulk of our supplies are in my craft cupboard away from busy hands. Miss 5 is allowed to access them, but by being packed away I find she tends to only look when she needs something - and I don't end up with supplies from one side of the house to the other!

Until recently I had a basket of supplies in the kitchen. But now Miss E is at school and a BIG girl she loves to do colouring and practise her handwriting skills independantly.

I have set up a small ikea table in our lounge room. Under this is a basket which contains all our current colouring books. On top she has a metal bucket (which is divided into sections) that houses all her pens, pencils, scissors etc. (this was from Spotlight) There is also a small plastic basket with the craft supply of the moment - right now she is into stamping to decorate her work.

None of this cost money - it was all about the house already and has been repurposed.

We have found since she has had her own space, her supplies are tidier and her work much more contained.

No comments:

Post a Comment