Friday, September 3, 2010

As requested by Jill ... my chicken pasta salad ...

I've used this in a couple of lunches this week. I hope you don't get all dissapointed that there isn't a fancy recipe ... it's all very throw together-ish!

Finely dice whatever salad veges you have that will work. I always use very finely diced celery, then this time I added yellow capsicum, and baby roma tomatoes.

While you are doing that boil some wholemeal pasta, and panfry a piece of free range chicken. (yep - I always use free range. Not only is it better for you and gives the chooks a happier life, but you can taste the difference)

As soon as the pasta is cooked drain it and allow to cool.

When the chicken is cooked remove it from the heat and cut into strips or cubes. Stir the chicken through a couple of spoons of a good wholegrain mustard to coat the chicken and give the salad flavour.

When everything is cool toss it all together and store in fridge till ready to use.

Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Kath that sounds so yum might have to gin=ve that ago for lunches for myself, how long do you think it would keep in the fridge for?
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill , I just made enough for two days adn made it the night before the first lunch. I kind get bored easily so was ready for a change after two days.

    ReplyDelete