Thursday, January 7, 2010

I think I'm starting to get it.


You see - anyone who knows me knows I am sentimental.
I keep stuff.
If it is linked to special days - or my family especially.

Yesterday I threw out my wedding shoes.
And it made me smile!

You see - I have been married almost 10 years (in February!) and I haven't worn those shoes once.
I still have my gown (at my mum's - thanks mum!)
And the photos (that my dad took)
And a quilt made by my mum and gorgeous cousin
And a beautiful memory box from my mum.

But I was hanging onto these now too small, going off coloured, high heels (that I never wear) shoes just BECAUSE they were my wedding shoes.

To have that space back made me happy. And now I have room for something I love in my life.

I think I am starting to get it.

2 comments:

  1. It is a wonderful moment when you can release things and smile!!! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat, I've been married 13 1/2 years and I finally parted with my wedding shoes in my pre-Christmas clean-out. It felt good to let go of them. My feet aren't even that size anymore. Why have I kept them so long when they weren't adding anything positive to my life?

    PS Beautiful picture!

    ReplyDelete